Home » Headline, Headline2, Kill Devil Hill, Music, Music Interviews

Rex Brown of Kill Devil Hill (ex-Pantera, ex-Down) Interview

4 June 2014 8 Comments

Rex Brown

Rex Brown

If music of the heavier variety is in your blood, then Rex Brown is a name you undoubtedly know. Now, the leader of Kill Devil Hill, Rex joined the program to discuss his new band, and their second album, Revolution Rise. We opened with Darius interacting with Rex on Kill Devil Hill’s recent headline show at the Viper Room in Los Angeles, which he attended. We then moved on to talking about new drummer Johnny Kelly, Kyng, and upcoming touring plans.

All Knowing Force heavily supports Kill Devil Hill recorded material and live performances. They’re a welcome, refreshing addition to those that love their rock music on the heavier side.

You can listen to or download (right click, save as) the interview by clicking here – Rex Brown Interview.

You can navigate the world of Kill Devil Hill on their official website.

Darius waxing ecstatic about the Viper Room show made my day.

Kill Devil Hill is a rad band that you should definitely check out. I blew them off because let’s face it, how many times does some well known guy start a band and they suck. I saw them live and they made a fan for life.

Rex is a Metal God.

That 7D interview and article was good too.

Bring back the heavy on AKF!

• Kinkaid99 said:

I hope Rex keeps at this because I think over time and with a lot of touring this band could rival Down in terms of musical output. I don’t think they’ll ever be able to collect the fanbase because NOLA came out at a different time but this stuff is solid.

I wish I were at that Viper Room show. I’ve been to LA like 20 times and never went there – maybe 1 day.

• J. Plyter said:

Darius is always so enthusiastic when he talks about shows. That’s my favorite part of y’alls interviews.

I kind of dig this band. Also Johnny Kelly is one of the nicest dudes. I saw him many times over his career and he was really cool to all the fans. Even on the Dead Again cycle when Peter was sickly he still was optimistic. I hope these guys get off the ground beyond just being a band with Rex in it.

• LOCH NESS said:

J. Plyter,

I totally agree. AKF has an agenda but doesn’t have an agenda. This site has turned me onto more new music than Blabbermouth or AntiMusic or whatever heavy site you want to use has – EVER. They present the material in a certain way, and with a certain enthusiasm that makes me want to continue listening.

• Grace Of God said:

The audio disappeared.

I didn’t get to listen to it. I met Rex at a show in Carolina for the first time. Humble guy, nice to every one. I hope this band can get some legs under them.

• TRC said:

Outside of Down this is my favorite post Pantera project. Rex sounds at peace man and that makes me so happy for him. Like they said in the interview this guy is one of the reasons we all listen or listened to heavy music.

• Monty said:

J. Plyter,

I’ve not interacted with Darius personally; only Andrew. These cats know their stuff. The AKF shows can be hits and misses but out of what’s out there AKF is the most genuine. I hit Andrew up through chat once every couple a months and he’s always cool.

I’d like to see the site reach more of an electic artist roster and go away from the heavier stuff.