Home » Bands, Music, Music Interviews, Surrender The Fall

Interview with Surrender The Fall vocalist Jared Cole

30 August 2013 8 Comments

Surrender The Fall Band Photo

It’s not everyday a band comes around that piques my interest. Memphis rockers Surrender The Fall don’t reinvent the wheel, but they exude unrivaled passion and honesty on their first LP “Burn In The Spotlight.” I want you all to take a listen to this interview and give them a few minutes of your time. They’ve toured with many of the bands we tirelessly promote on this site, and who knows…one day they might ascend to that level. Outside of the music, I’ve been made aware of their tireless work ethic by their business associates and peers.

Surrender The Fall Burn In The Spotlight Album CD Art

Surrender The Fall Burn In The Spotlight Album CD Art

In this interview with vocalist Jared Cole, we…

– spoke quite a bit about Nonpoint, as Surrender The Fall have toured with them on three occasions, with this current run being the third. Jared spoke about doing “Bullet With a Name” with Elias at the end of Nonpoint’s set. We also spoke about the recent Nonpoint lineup changes. Discussed Eye Empire, another band Surrender The Fall have toured with on a number of occasions.

– talked about their album Burn In The Spotlight.

– the state of terrestrial rock radio, and how rock music has taken a step back by becoming a little too safe. Honesty in music.

– upcoming touring plans and potential recording plans for their followup to Burn In The Spotlight.

You can stream or download (right click, Save As) the interview by clicking here.

You can navigate through everything Surrender The Fall on their official site.

• Killer by Proxy said:

I put these guys on the same level as Pop Evil. I don’t see what’s so special or what piqued your interest. This Jared Cole looks very Jacoby Shaddix.

• ruthless said:

caught them with Nonpoint and they can hang. i agree with the person above me in that nothing special but there definitely up there. they just are not the chosen ones yet.

• Mary Jane said:

Their story is more interesting than their music. I don’t get the vibe that they’re a band because that’s all they can do. I spoke with someone from the band in KY last year and he was super cool. I share the same sentiment as y’all when you consistently praise work ethic. I hope it works out for them. Good interview. Is Eye Empire rolling into untouchable position yet?

• CHERRY BOMB said:

It’s a f&cking shame that Pop Evil is being mentioned l and r because radio has chosen them as their new darlings. Surrender The Fall like Andrew says hasn’t reinvented any wheels but they grease it way better than most do. They’re from my hometown and I support them to the end. I can’t wait for the new album.

• Anon said:

This is a good little album. Jared sounds like a cool dude. Just liked them on FB.

Mary Jane,

You make an excellent observation. Darius is making a case on almost a daily basis for this band to reach untouchable status.

• jessupmd said:

I don’t see anything special here but there isn’t any reason this couldn’t be “the band”. It seems the media beats this point til death. Why can’t this one or that one be bigger? Because one programmer chooses everything and you have to get lucky. This bands ok in my eyes and this was a fun interview to listen to.

• Brian Doran said:

I am not one to compare but this is just another Papa Roach, and there’s only room for one Papa Roach. Jared seems more bareable than Jacoby tho.