Home » Cinderella, Music Interviews

Interview with Tom Keifer (frontman of Cinderella)

23 August 2013 8 Comments

Tom Keifer The Way Life Goes

The Way Life Goes is the debut solo album by Cinderella frontman Tom Keifer. It was released on April 30th, 2013.

Tom’s voice has definitely survived the 80′s, yet The Way Life Goes is in no way tied to that decade. In all honesty, I fully expected this album to be terrible. And that’s not and example of yours truly being negative, it’s an indictment of how many terrible solo albums I’ve subjected myself to over the years. What you have in The Way Life Goes is an album that took ten years to make, that’s loaded with melody and powerful songwriting. The difference between Cinderella and their 80′s contemporaries is just that – songwriting. So, I’ll happily go on record and say Tom Keifer is an underrated songwriter.

We go close to 20 minutes in this interview and discuss the new album, as well as the past struggles with his voice. I know most of you have no desire to listen to a Tom Keifer solo album in 2013. I didn’t either. But, I kept and open mind, and this one has not left my current rotation.

You can listen to the interview by clicking here.

You can navigate all things Tom Keifer on his official site.

I’m going to have to second the point made in this short article. My mind wasn’t blown or nothing like that but this is a real good album. I’m a sucker for the solo albums of frontmen. Tom’s release is near the top. He sounds like a cool guy too. I never went to see Cinderella because they keep their ticket prices at premiums.

• scrooge-juju said:

Let’s take a step back and look at what we’re comparing this to: a solo CD by a guy who fronted a popular band being released when that band is not in there prime. If that’s the criteria than Tom Kiefer hit a HR here. Otherwise this is just a more sophisticated run of the mill rock CD.

• kreator said:

I bought this on ITUNES and give me it over Shinedown or Pop Evil any day of the year. Thank you for still supporting real artists on this site. This article and the interview were totally accurate — grab this and you won’t be sorry.

This guy had his vocal chords ripped out and tarnished and he can still sing better than Neil, Pearcy and any of those guys.

Jizzy Pearl sucks and him and Frankie Banali are destroyign the Quiet Riot legacy.

So the deal is this…..

Any time I can listen to a dude who’s heyday was like 3 decades ago be so upbeat and positive i have to support it.

My pops worked for 30 years, never made much money and was miserable everyday. Loved him to death but that was no way to live.

Going to take a listen to this right now. Andrew is usually right on the money when he recommends stuff.

• Laura in NJ said:

Cinderella charges about 35 each time they play out here. My husband and I go pretty regularly to see bands when we can find a sitter. Faster Pussycat charges the same and Taime Downe is about 300 pounds. Think about it. Cinderella or an androgynous chubby Taime Downe? Tom’s got his voice.

• hades said:

The dude above me or below me(depending on how the comments display) needs to shut up about Warrant. Jani Lane is a CRIMINALLY, INSANELY UNDERRATED songwriter. RIP. Guy never got his due.

• the_cool said:

The only Cinderella song I ever heard was Gypsy Road. I didn’t try to find this new songs from Tom but I found some Cinderella and the writing is a little more in depth than bands like Motley Crue or Warrant. Prolly gonna cherry pick some tracks and buy on iTunes.