Home » Bands, Evans Blue, Music, Music Interviews

Interview with Dan Chandler of Evans Blue

16 May 2012 7 Comments

Evans Blue Graveyard of Empires CD Album Cover

Evans Blue. Until recently, a name I always heard, but a band I never investigated. The guest, Dan Chandler, their voice, joined me for a 20 minute conversation centered around their latest Sights+Sounds release, Graveyard of Empires. My experiences, or lack thereof, with Evans Blue music is mirrored by most of you, so with that said, I’ll limit the text, throw you to the audio, and provide some songs from their catalog that I enjoy.

The audio is short, sweet, somewhat to the point, and you’re going to walk away a fan of Dan Chandler the artist. Enjoy it. Investigate. Let us know what you think.

You can stream or download the audio here. If you’d like to download it, right click on the link and choose Save As.

Click here for an ElephantDrive 15-day Free Trial

Man for a lot of years I thought Evans Blue was like this skater pop punk Sum 41 soundalike band. There are some good tunes in their catalog. The singer sounds cool and the interview was short and sweet. I can’t say I’m going to become a buyer or fan but it’s worth digging deeper.

Your solo interviews are quite good.

I thought there kind of like the Dennis commenter. Whoever has been working them hasn’t been doing their job. Their music doesn’t even closely reinvent any wheel but it’s good enough to be heard.

• Brian Doran said:

This is a super cool dude. Pure passion. Good show. Wish it was longer.

I heard of these Canadian dudes but never listened. Not bad. Not bad at all. They’ve been around too long for me to be unfamiliar. Poor marketing. Poor PR.

• Andy said:

I’m just going to go ahead and say that these guys were much more interesting with their original singer. Dan seems like a nice guy and all, but it’s just not the same.

I gave their entire catalog a deep listen. I have to agree with the poster Andy in that something is missing from the new material. I don’t have an emotional tie to the older stuff and still say that. Maybe it’s a certain rawness that’s missing. Decent but the older stuff is a little better.

• fx blessed said:

Evans Blue was way better before Dan dude but seems like a nice guy from the interview.