Home » Music, Music Interviews, With Daggers Drawn

Max Illidge (ex 40 Below Summer) of With Daggers Drawn Interview Completed

2 February 2010 50 Comments

By: Andrew Bilach

This interview aired live on Wednesday, February 3rd, 2010.

With Daggers Drawn

With Daggers Drawn

Thank you very much to all who tuned in to this special Wednesday evening webcast featuring With Daggers Drawn.

I would like to publicly thank Ed Schiro of With Daggers Drawn for setting up this interview. The guy is on the ball.

Now, I would like to address some of the private emails I received in regards to the Max Illidge interview, or lack thereof. First and foremost, we did not, and I repeat, did not, falsely advertise anything. If you have listened to our show over the last five years, you know we would never, ever do such a thing. If you came over to check out the show just because you were a Max Illidge fan and thought we falsely advertised his appearance, check your facts. That was not the case.

The goal of the interview was to promote With Daggers Drawn, as I personally felt it would benefit our current listeners to know more about them and this union with Max and Joey of 40 Below Summer. We accomplished this task. Take a look at the comments section for proof of that. The only side of the deal that was f*cked were All Knowing Force listeners. And this does not make me happy.

We’re in a society where people always have to blame someone. Right? If something goes wrong, it can never just be that something went wrong. We have to figure out who to blame and hold accountable. Do I blame With Daggers Drawn? I do. But I don’t. Ed Schiro was very cool to me and so was Greg, Daggers’ drummer who did the main interview. However, I do feel that Max should have been better prepared to do an actual interview, rather than mumbling for five minutes. Sure we got the show started late, but does 30 minutes really make a difference when someone has to be awake at 5am, as Max did the following day? Not really. The spot would have went the same way. We did our job. We got people to listen. We got people to care. And to all of you that think it was us that dropped the ball? You’re wrong. Was it the Daggers camp? Yes and no. But, are we going to place blame? Kind of. Does it really matter? No. Why? Because we all make mistakes and miscalculations.

We sincerely hope, and we are sure they will, that the With Daggers Drawn camp will schedule another live interview with Max Illidge at a later time where we can give our listeners the show they expected, as well as further promote their band. Then, we’ll be even.

Also, to my knowledge, “Ed WDD bass” and all similarities that have posted in the comments section is a With Daggers Drawn member. All the info you need is there.

We are trying desperately to clean up Max’s audio and will have that and a synopsis up shortly.

If you want 35 Free mp3′s, and yes, there are several 40 Below Summer tracks, head on over to our free music page and scroll down to 40 Below Summer to see what’s available. You’ll also be helping out the show a ton.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for visiting All Knowing Force. If you have comments, please leave them below.

40BS sucked and the BMH stuff I heard sucked too. Love Max’s voice though. I think this could be his best work yet if these two entities put their minds together. I think Starland used to use this band as one of their local openers.

• Vinny said:

Who does the dude to the right of Max in the photo look like? I can’t put my finger on it.

Please have Andrew watch the clip below.

How annoying is this metal cliche of a bitch?

• Eric said:

40 and bmh DID NOT suck…idk what youre smokin on but umm obviously you must listen to somethin that had to do with max cuz how else would you know of his voice?? anyways i already left a thing saying how i felt about all this but in a nutshell im torn and happy cuz i love the sound of wdd but i loved bmh so yeah there you have it

• mAAT said:

DUDE, THEY WERE OK, NO ONE REALLY HEARD BLACK MARKET BC THEY NEVER FINISHED THERE SHIT, TORN HOW, I WENT TO WDD MY SPACE AND THE SHIT IS GOOD, JUST ENJOY IT ERIC AND STFU

• Loch Ness said:

Mistress Julia is a cunt. She is a disgrace to heavy metal and sure would love Andrew to say a few words about her trmw.

• slayers said:

he looks like wes borland with short hair that dude

Kittie and Julia in a room. This is how the conversation would go.

MOTHERFUCKER WHAT THE FUCK IS UP?

NOTHING MOTHERFUCKER.

REALLY MOTHERFUCKER?

FUCKING YES. FUCK.

Die and die now – all these morons.

• FxBLeSSeD said:

Why are we talking about Kittie? Why are we talking about Julia? The fact of the matter is Black Market Hero was onto something. With Daggers Drawn sounds decent. I checked their stuff out before. Keep to the topic.

• Eric said:

if anyones on here wheres the link to the interview i cant find it anywhere

• Ed-WDD bassist said:

This is Ed, WDD bassist. Andrew just texted me and said wait a few minutes it should up soon. Sorry for the delay.

• Eric said:

ok it popped up but i dont hear anything…did we need software to hear it???

• Eric said:

o btw u say how am i torn….well like i said i loved bmh’s music so with that being no more thats why im torn…and i will enjoy it

• tyler said:

Why the fuck did you just dump me from the stream? I tried to send an IM and the asshole there told me to be patient. WTF?

• Myra43 said:

I’m sure it was done to you on purpose.

Some of you really need to grow up. It’s a good problem to have. I used to work for Live 365 so I know how these streams can get messed up. I’d rather have listener overload than no one listening.

Andrew always tells it like it is and that is cool.

• UriahJ said:

WHERE DO I HEAR THIS BANDS MUSIC? THEIR MYSPACE IS MESSED UP. YOUTUBE HAS VIDEOS OF SHIRTLESS DUDES. WHY THE GAYNESS?

• tyler said:

I

CANNOT

HEAR

THE

FUCKING

SHOW

• Myra43 said:

Refresh the page, genius.

Why am I now being kicked out of the stream? Why does this happen to me during AKF shows?

Where is Daggers’ music?

• sEXncANDY said:

This loser is writing about All About Steve and can’t even get the stream right. Faggot.

• sEXncANDY said:

My bad. I refreshed and it worked. I got an error when I did the Windows Media about buffering and a queue. Guess the stream is full.

• OzonePtkBaller said:

it’s joey to the left, he looks down syndrome in this pic, needs to be fixed,

im gonna be at the starland show, sucks driving out but god forbid pwns and id ram the lander sisters

How does that guy love BMH when BMH never released anything?

• tOMAS said:

greetz from germany, its middle of the night and i hear show fine, fourty below summer was 1 of best bands

• sara jay said:

Please fix the sound. Max’s phone is getting bad reception.

• mAAT said:

FUCK MAX, SLEEPY BITCH

• mAAT said:

HOW DO U AGREE TO DO A SHOW THAN GO TO BED, FUCK MAX AND FUCK HIS BANDS I HATE ALL,

The audio has been just fine for me. I was never a fan of Max or any of his bands but I saw 40 Below Summer open for Ill Nino and they rocked the house in Hartford. 100% kick ass live band.

Where can I hear this new band’s stuff?

• Ed WDD bass said:

We are in the process of writing and recording new music. We should have tunes up soon, maybe one up before our show March 6th. Thanks for listening in everyone and sorry if you couldn’t hear it too well. We will do it again soon. And Max has to wake up at 5am every morning for work. He was just extremely tired from working all day and then band rehearsals at night. If you go to youtube.com/withdaggersdrawn you can get a little sample of some of the music =)

-Ed

Yeah, I kept getting an error message stating the stream was at capacity. I was able to get in, though. I’m appreciative of AKF doing a show on Wednesday which is not a usual show day. As someone wrote above, better to have too many than too little.

LANCE ARNY IS F’UGLY but as the Daggers guy said a talented guitar player. Can Darius burn me a copy of that CD? I had it but it’s gone.

I don’t know much about WDD I completely understand what their drummer is saying about having to prove themselves time and time again – especially now with Max in the fold, who in that venue, has constantly proven himself. The guys call the place home, but it’s really not home – they’re not showing any of them respect.

I think it was 2-3 years ago when ToN played there on their latest record and I believe The Banner opened. I got my ticket on ebay from THE BANNER! I believe Starland made them sell 400 tickets to open the show. Ridiculous.

It was a fun bit of show nonetheless and what caused the problem is your 2 servers – you must have had 1 in local time (-500) and the other in PST (-800). That’s why some people couldn’t listen, as the one (-800) was creating the delay.

• GraceOfGod said:

I’m interested in what this group has to offer but can’t find anything out about them. Their tracks are not posted online. I think that would really help.

@ Andrew -> Did you work with 40BS when you were at RR?

• John said:

You can find videos of WDD on youtube Can’t wait to see what these guys are gonna do!

• SMASHERDEVOURER said:

BEST PART OF AKF SHOWS IS WHEN ANDREW HAS HIS LITTLE WAYS TO GET THINGS FOR LESS $. BUT THE VFW HALL ACROSS THE STREET WOULD NOT LET ME IN! HOW DID YOU GET IN/

• morris said:

I heard the show just fine. Max’s phone must have been messed up.

• budbundy said:

I concur with Andrew. Can you imagine being a chick that banged Lance Arny? No one has probably ever admitted to it.

• budbundy said:

BTW, the audio was fine. The only questionable parts were when Max was on because he was really low but as soon as he disconnected the rest of everything was fine.

• tyler said:

Where on planet earth is this band’s music?

• Ed-WDD bassist said:

I know some of you are trying to find our music but we have not released anything yet while Max and Joey have been in the band. They only joined the band this past November 2009 so we are still writing and recording new jams. When the music is ready, we will post it up on myspace.com/withdaggersdrawn. Most of what you will find on youtube or anywhere else on the internet is with our old singer before Max joined the band. If you want a taste of what our music sounds like now, go to our youtube page at youtube.com/withdaggersdrawn. I recorded a video of us in the studio listening back to a new song we finished tracking. It’s not the greatest quality, since I recorded it on my iPhone, but at least you get an idea of what the music will sound like. You won’t hear Max’s vocals on it yet though. Soon enough!

• Vagi said:

They are all over youtube but they have a new singer and killer new music moving forward! So don’t know if thats gonna do em justice. I can’t wait to see this band explode!

• Andrew (author) said:

• budbundy said:

I like the sarcastic post, Andrew. However, it would be nice to know where to find some of their stuff before Max and Joey joined the band.

• Ed WDD bass said:

budbundy, if you want go to youtube and search “with daggers drawn disillusions in glass”. That is one of our songs they used to (actually, I still think they do) play on the Liquid Metal channel on SIRIUS/XM. Our new songs don’t really sound like that anymore but at least you can hear something. Also, if you go to myspace.com/withdaggersdrawn and watch the video, the song playing in the background is a newer tune. Max is literally in the studio right now laying down more vocals so soon enough we will be posting the songs for everyone. =)

• Vinny said:

AKF always keeps it real. Tremendous write up.

Thank you to Ed for the posts and let me see if I can get that to be a link for you all.

• Eric said:

@1942 – how do i love bmh(i know u were referring to me)? well the thing is #1 they did release stuff…actually every bit of almost 2 albums worth of songs(and some of them are unreleased…idk exactly how many but i know i got 3 on a demo that were unreleased)…so check what u think u know before saying it… #2 ive seen them live 2 times in ohio so i can honestly say i know how they were live and it was awesome…. #3 i was a huge 40 fan so when 40 broke up and i heard bmh i was impressed i thought it was a good move(even though i got the sun tatted on my shoulder….all good though i still like it there and love the music)… #4 and finally i thought the music was a different style of metal and thought that honestly if they wouldve kept with it rather than being more focused on other things(idk the whole story im just taking a wild guess), and the whole producing thing(not saying its bad cuz i know they need money, but it hurts a band) they wouldve went somewhere…. so with that being said i say no sir i think that u need to STFU and dont try actin tough behind a keyboard and actin like u know everything

• sEXncANDY said:

I don’t see why you would come here and write “Where is WDD music? No music is anywhere! I’ve been searching since the interview.” That is counterproductive and insulting to your guest.

• Andrew (author) said:

@ sEXncANDY: I know you’ve posted on our site a few times, but I don’t need a lecture. I was being sarcastic to all the people that kept asking the same question when the answer was posted several times prior. Lighten up.

@ budbundy: I ASSUME you’re referring to what I wrote in the article above. It’s not sarcastic. It’s the truth. If we’re going to be accused of false advertising, an explanation must be given.

@ Dennis: You would have to ask Darius.

• PRODUX said:

came here for the nonpoint interview and saw this. didn’t know this dude was still around. 40 below was sick live but never got into them. ended kinda fast

• spliff said:

andrew,

where is the interview at man?

• John said:

Max is a hack – he’s all studio – stinks live. Has like 10 bands that never went anywhere – it’s all “sounds like” other bands and never anything original.