Home » Bands, Music, Music Interviews, Tyrone Wells

Interview with Universal Recording Artist Tyrone Wells

17 June 2009 11 Comments

By: Andrew Bilach

Tyrone Wells

Tyrone Wells

On Wednesday, June 17th, 2009, I had the pleasure of speaking with Universal recording artist Tyrone Wells (who looks strikingly like Scooter Ward from Cold in the above photo), two days before he’s set to play The Fillmore at Irving Plaza as direct support to Better Than Ezra.

The conversation occurred as the band was on their way to Philadelphia to play The Trocadero Theatre. If you enjoy bands like Better Than Ezra, Matchbox Twenty, and Vertical Horizon, take a listen to Tyrone Wells.

In the ten minute conversation, we discussed the current tour with Better Than Ezra. The tour is drawing well. Most shows are at or near capacity. We went on to talk about other shows he’s played in New York City at Sin-e, Knitting Factory, and the Highline Ballroom. We also talk about his feelings on Universal.

I’ve listened to both his Universal records, as well as his indie releases. Take a listen. You might be pleasantly surprised. You can’t be angry all the time.

LISTEN OR DOWNLOAD OUR CONVERSATION WITH TYRONE WELLS

Tyrone on MySpace

Official Site

Tyrone on Twitter

• FF99x said:

You’re right. If you didn’t put a number under the photo I would have thought it was Scooter. Not into this type of music.

Haha! Scooter all the way, only Tyrone is taller. I was at the Highline Ballroom. I was given tix by a friend. The difference between this guy and Scooter is Tyrone is like 7’4.

Better Than Ezra is still around? The last I heard was Desperately Wanting or something like that. They’re probably one of those bands that’s established such a core following that they can tour forever. I owned Deluxe.

The music isn’t my taste but this guy sounds genuine. I’d like to know what Universal paid him on tht album buyout.

I understand where you’re going with this but what differentiates this artist from the millions that came before and the millions that will come after.

Is his voice unique? No.

Songwriting? No.

The bass player looks so disinterested in that video it’s funny.

Tyrone Wells – rearrange the letters in his name.

SLY WET LONER

• SMASHERDEVOURER said:

MATT GEIGER

JON BARRY

WITH A GOATTEE OF COURSE

• polaroidgrl said:

Tyrone is THE MAN! Of course Universal is dropping the ball! Thank you for covering him guys and staying true to all music and not just bang your head till your neck breaks crap.

• froggerx19 said:

I heard one of his songs in some movie trailer.

I wouldn’t say he’s the man, polaroidgrl.

All of you should head over to the Alice In Chains article.

• 12stones said:

His music can help you get laid. I love him.

• xBITTERPILLx said: